North Florida Poetry Hub is a group of poets, writers and lovers of the written word who provide opportunities for writing, reading, enjoying, and learning about the art of poetry in the North Florida area, sponsoring poetry readings, workshops, monthly club meetings and various literary related events. North Florida Poetry Hub is a chapter of the Florida State Poets Association and was created by the local nonprofit Hope at Hand, Inc. Hope at Hand provides poetry therapy for at-risk youth populations and based in Jacksonville, Florida.
Our regular monthly workshops (Open Forum and Poetry Hub) are held every first and third Thursday of the month as virtual Zoom events due to the COVID crisis. Live meetings will resume when deemed safe. Please RSVP through Facebook at the North Florida Poetry Hub Event. Members and Public are welcome!
The North Florida Poetry Hub Chapter meeting with monthly featured speakers and poetry share is the last Saturday afternoon of the month via Zoom 2 - 3:30 pm. Please click here to: RSVP through Facebook at the North Florida Poetry Hub Aug 29th Chapter Meeting . All are welcome!
The First Thursday North Florida Poetry Hub Open Forum workshop meeting will be virtual on Zoom. Please visit our Facebook page to RSVP for our meetings.
If you have questions please use the "Contact Us" form below for more information.
Use "Meetup.com" below to jump to "Jacksonville Poetry Meetup" for our calendar and to RSVP for all other monthly workshops, open mics and events today!
RSVP ON MEETUP.COM
Jacksonville Poetry Meetup
Calling all poetry people! Join Hope at Hand and the North Florida Poetry Hub to plug into lots of social meetings, open mics, workshops and many more opportunities for socializing of all varieties. Use the Jacksonville Poetry Meetup Calendar page on Meetup.com to find an event and RSVP. Check the Meetup page for all current sponsored Events.
The First and Third Thursday of every month North Florida Poetry Hub workshop meetings have gone virtual on Zoom.
Click the link button below to get to the Meetup Calendar page and get started connecting today!
Here are some benefit highlights of your membership:
* Three Memberships in One ($25/year adult, $10/year student**):
North Florida Poetry Hub
Florida State Poets Association, adult and student memberships
National Federation of State Poetry Societies
* Local monthly Chapter meeting and multiple regular, free monthly poetry/writers workshops accessible via Zoom during COVID (RSVP on Jacksonville Poetry Meetup)
* Contributing to Personal Growth as well as Your Community: As a member you join a group of poets and writers who bring opportunities for enjoying and participating in the art of poetic literature; writing, reading in all artistic forms for personal and community cultural growth and enrichment.
* Two Yearly Conventions with Florida State Poets Association
* Local and Regional Open Mic's
* Poetry Slam Contests, adult and student
* Local and State Sponsored Poetry Workshops
* Networking with local and state-wide poets and writers, literary industry connections including nationally recognized published authors, educators, publishers, and other important leaders in the literary field.
* Annual Poetry Contests both FSPA and NFSPA, adult and student contests(discounted entry fees or no-cost for members)
* One of your Poems Published Annually in the FSPA Anthology "Cadance"
* The Twelve Chair Advanced Poetry Course (distance learning program) and other advanced educational opportunities to hone your craft.
* Your personal website/blog promoted/featured on our chapter website member page.
* Your membership also includes a subscription to these wonderful newsletters:
Florida State Poets Association's six annual issues, "Of Poets And Poetry"
National Federation of State Poetry Society Quarterly "Strophies"
** Definition of a Student: Active student K-12 (including home-schooled), active college, trade school or graduate students, in-progress GED program or ESL students anywhere in Florida. Student must affirm they are so enrolled and provide proof to FSPA if requested.
North Florida Poetry Hub is a chapter of the Florida State Poets Association and was created by the local nonprofit Hope at Hand, Inc. to support and help the arts flourish for poets, writers and lovers of all things poetic and artistic in the North Florida region.
POETRY. WELLNESS. HOPE ~ Hope At Hand is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that provides art and poetry sessions to vulnerable and at-risk youth populations. Using creativity, language, art and therapeutic approaches, we facilitate healing and personal growth for children and adolescents.
North Florida Poetry Hub
C/O Hope At Hand
3886 Atlantic Blvd,
Jacksonville, FL 32207