Hope At Hand Poetry Contest -
Enter your best poem - winners to be displayed in a special exhibit!
North Florida Poetry Hub is a group of poets, writers and lovers of the written word who provide opportunities for writing, reading, enjoying, and learning about the art of poetry in the North Florida area, sponsoring poetry readings, workshops, monthly club meetings and various literary related events. North Florida Poetry Hub is a chapter of the Florida State Poets Association and was created by the local nonprofit Hope at Hand, Inc. Hope at Hand provides poetry therapy for at-risk youth populations and based in Jacksonville, Florida.
Our regular monthly workshops (Open Forum and Poetry Hub) are held every first and third Thursday of the month as virtual Zoom events due to the COVID crisis. Live meetings will resume when deemed safe. Please RSVP through Facebook at North Florida Poetry Hub Events. Members and Public are welcome!
The North Florida Poetry Hub Chapter meeting with monthly featured speakers and poetry share is the last Saturday afternoon of the month via Zoom 2 - 3:30 pm. Please RSVP through Facebook at North Florida Poetry Hub Events. All are welcome!
The First Thursday North Florida Poetry Hub Open Forum workshop meeting will be virtual on Zoom. Please visit our Facebook page and find the event to RSVP for our meetings.
If you have questions please use the "Contact Us" form below for more information.
Use "Meetup.com" below to jump to "Jacksonville Poetry Meetup" for our calendar and to RSVP for all other monthly workshops, open mics and events today!
Here are some benefit highlights of your membership:
* Three Memberships in One ($25/year adult, $10/year student**):
North Florida Poetry Hub
Florida State Poets Association, adult and student memberships
National Federation of State Poetry Societies
* Local monthly Chapter meeting and multiple regular, free monthly poetry/writers workshops accessible via Zoom during COVID (RSVP on Jacksonville Poetry Meetup)
* Contributing to Personal Growth as well as Your Community: As a member you join a group of poets and writers who bring opportunities for enjoying and participating in the art of poetic literature; writing, reading in all artistic forms for personal and community cultural growth and enrichment.
* Two Yearly Conventions with Florida State Poets Association
* Local and Regional Open Mic's
* Poetry Slam Contests, adult and student
* Local and State Sponsored Poetry Workshops
* Networking with local and state-wide poets and writers, literary industry connections including nationally recognized published authors, educators, publishers, and other important leaders in the literary field.
* Annual Poetry Contests both FSPA and NFSPA, adult and student contests(discounted entry fees or no-cost for members)
* One of your Poems Published Annually in the FSPA Anthology "Cadance"
* The Twelve Chair Advanced Poetry Course (distance learning program) and other advanced educational opportunities to hone your craft.
* The Poet's Pen - Every member has the opportunity to publish their own limited edition Volume with the assistance of experienced published poets in the Chapter.
* Your personal website/blog promoted/featured on our chapter website member page.
* Your membership also includes a subscription to these wonderful newsletters:
Florida State Poets Association's six annual issues, "Of Poets And Poetry"
National Federation of State Poetry Society Quarterly "Strophies"
** Definition of a Student: Active student K-12 (including home-schooled), active college, trade school or graduate students, in-progress GED program or ESL students anywhere in Florida. Student must affirm they are so enrolled and provide proof to FSPA if requested.
I had the good fortune to find out about the North Florida Poetry Hub this year. Being a member of this chapter has brightened up a difficult year. Our chapter president offered a warm welcome to me, and then to two poet friends of mine. The online zoom meetings give us a chance to share our writings and hear others do the same. Guest speakers encourage us to keep creating and sharing. ~ Sally Wahl-Constain
North Florida Poetry Hub has given me a purpose in life. I was looking for a local chapter of the Florida State Poets Association to join, and when Steffani Fletcher of Hope At Hand organized North Florida Poetry Hub I signed up under her charter right away! Since then it has been a wonderful four years of continued personal and professional growth. I enjoy working with all the awesome people involved in this great organization from State to the local levels and have made many great friends along the way. ~ Ruth Van Alstine
The North Florida Poetry Hub has rekindled my love for poetry again! I continue to learn new things from each workshop and meeting. Ruth Van Alstine, President, has a real love for the craft and her expertise spills over to all who are involved. I am so happy to be a part of North Florida Poetry Hub and I am looking forward to the next meeting!
—Nuala Molloy Moran
RSVP ON MEETUP.COM ~ Jacksonville Poetry Meetup
Use the Jacksonville Poetry Meetup Calendar page to find an event. The First and Third Thursday of every month North Florida Poetry Hub workshop meetings have gone virtual on Zoom. Click the link button below to jump to the Meetup Calendar page and get started connecting today!
North Florida Poetry Hub is a chapter of the Florida State Poets Association and was created by the local nonprofit Hope at Hand, Inc. to support and help the arts flourish for poets, writers and lovers of all things poetic and artistic in the North Florida region.
POETRY. WELLNESS. HOPE ~ Hope At Hand is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that provides art and poetry sessions to vulnerable and at-risk youth populations. Using creativity, language, art and therapeutic approaches, we facilitate healing and personal growth for children and adolescents.
North Florida Poetry Hub
C/O Hope At Hand
3886 Atlantic Blvd,
Jacksonville, FL 32207